When you truly love someone, the general path you foresee is marriage. But how do you go from being just another girl to actual marriage material? What will make him want to spend the rest of his life with you? You don’t want to change who you are, but there are certainly small things you can do to create a more meaningful bond and make him want to commit. Of course, there are plenty of things he needs to do for you, too, but if you’re even thinking of spending your life with him, hopefully that’s already happening.
Here are 8 ways to make him actually want to marry you, and small changes you can make for everlasting love:
1. Take care of yourself. First and foremost, attraction is critical in any relationship. Although your commitment to your relationship should be a top priority, don’t let your commitment to yourself and your well-being suffer. It’s a bit superficial, but it’s the truth – you need to maintain yourself to keep the attraction lasting in an everlasting relationship. Stay active, eat well, take time to see your friends and family, and make sure you do things that you enjoy. Keep your mind active, pursue your education and career goals; taking care of yourself also includes fostering your own mental and emotional growth outside of the relationship. If you don’t look and feel your best, your partner will be able to notice. He wants that confident, beautiful, and sexy woman that you truly are; don’t neglect yourself, and make taking care of yourself a priority.
2. Don’t act out. You will have fights, you will have tough times, and you will go through frustrating experiences, both with your partner and in your own personal life. He wants a partner who is understanding and can get through those difficult times during a marriage. Before you lash out at him, take a deep breath and calm your emotions. When you remain calm and express yourself, you allow room for both of you to improve your communication and connection. If something is your fault, accept responsibility for it and apologize; doing so will teach him to do the same, and bring you closer in your relationship.
3. Trust him implicitly. If you know he loves you, you need to trust him. Sometimes, it can be hard to let go of your insecurities and trust anyone. If you want this relationship to work, and you want him to see a future with you, you have to let him know that you see his trustworthiness. Keep your promises, and he will likely do the same. If he doesn’t, and abuses your trust in him, then he’s not the man you are meant to be with.
4. Be comfortable in your own skin. He’ll see you in the morning with no make-up, no clothes, and no distractions. Be comfortable in your own skin! He can sense insecurity from a mile away, and no man wants to be with a woman who constantly doubts and criticizes herself. Be spontaneous, embrace your body, show your happiness, and express how lucky he is to have you. You are GREAT, and he would be privileged to have you as his wife.
5. Show your affection. We all want to be held, kissed, and praised by our partner. He wants to see that you can keep those romantic gestures, sensual touches, and loving demeanor alive on a daily basis. Hold his hand; don’t be afraid to be affectionate. Tell him how much you love him and just how much he means to you. Comment on how nice he looks today, or how proud you are of him for his promotion at work. No one can read your mind; even if you are thinking about how much you care for him, how will he know if you don’t say it regularly? We all need reassurance; make sure you provide him with those constant gestures of affection.
6. Be appreciative. Obviously, you should be appreciative for the major things, like exchanging of gifts and moments where he is a huge support to you. But don’t neglect being appreciative for the small things. When he quickly buys you your latte at Starbucks, say thank you. If he holds the door, smile. He’s looking for a woman who will recognize and acknowledge his kind and loving gestures. Show him how much you appreciate every little thing he does for you, and he will do the same.
7. Be the calm in his storm. He’s going to go through tough times, and needs a partner who can be his voice of reason. He’s not looking for someone to make him more anxious and stressed out; that’s when he will run. Be that calm, wise and loving force in his difficult times. He will notice that and want you constantly around to help him improve as an individual.
8. Show your loyalty. If you want him to commit to you, you have to commit to him. Make your relationship a priority; don’t necessarily drop everything else in your life, but show him that you are loyal and committed to this relationship. Marriage material means being loyal, so take this step as your most important action in showing him what you are worth. Implement these changes and improvement, and you on the way to creating that everlasting bond.